Search Knowledge Base by Keyword
You are here:
- Use the node Save Mesh Paint As Bytes to save all the painted effects / pixel collision etc in your world
- Use the Actor filters parameter if you only want to a save a subset of actors/materials
- If you need to bake textures, check the bNeedsBakedTexturesForSkinnedMeshes parameter
- Most usecases will not need this, saving just the paint strokes will be sufficient. This also has the advantage of being “non-destructive”.
- Skeletal meshes with multiple animation poses per paint stroke (and requiring fully accurate reproduction) may want to use this option.
- Baking textures requires far more disk space than the saving just the paint strokes so only use if required.
- For more information check out the documentation for this parameter which is provided as part of the Blueprint / C++ API
(This article is a stub, for a live example of Save/Load please check out the sample project (download links on the marketplace page))